Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Thankful List

What do you think of when you thing of Thanksgiving? Oven roasted turkey with potatoes and dressing, hot buttered corn, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie?
We all think of the dinner, and everything that goes into it, but not just this day, but everyday, there are so many things to be thankful for.
Here's some of my list. This list will continue to grow. What are you thankful for?
1. My three pretty girls~ I have no idea what I did in life before you girls came along, life is complete with you. I love you more than you'll ever know.
2. My husband~ You tolerate my need to be a country girl, you don't fuss (too much) about my planting sunflowers all over the yard for the birds and critters, and you know family is the most important thing in life.
3. My brothers, my sisters, my family~ We've been through so much together, I love you all, always.
4. My pets~ Megan, Sadie (RIP), Nikki, Emma, Hermit Crab, Finny, and all those before, thanks for loving me unconditionally.
5. The sunshine, the warm gentle winds of summer~ you make me feel alive.
6. The changing seasons of Pennsylvania~ an everchanging landscape is good for the mind and soul. Even the snow. But maybe not the ice.
7. My God and my faith. It's important to know that there is always guidance from above, and someone to answer to if I choose the wrong path. Or words.
8. My Country. We may not always agree on how things should be done, or who should lead, but this Country is unique, we have so much and so many rights that others can only imagine, it cannot be taken for granted.
9. My ablility to bake a mean apple pie. Even if I don't like apple pie.
10. Chocolate Chip cookies.
11. Soccer and Hockey. It is the love of my girls, so it is a love of mine too. It has provided new and lasting friendships, confidence, discipline and the skill to work as a team. Good qualities to have in life.
12. Peace and Quiet. It doesn't happen too often, so I'm thankful for every second!
13. And Noise~ it's funny when all is quiet, I miss the laughter (not the yelling) of the girls in the house. I'm thankful I have healthy girls who can be best friends and worst enemies without any advance notice!
14. Health. I am blessed to have healthy children, I thank God everyday, and pray for those who don't.
I will continue to add my gratitudes, check back, and add some yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment